Best AirPlay 2 Receivers iMore 2021. AirPlay 2 delivers high-quality audio to multiple sources at once, directly from the device of your choice. Whether music is playing on one of the best AirPlay 2 speakers in the bedroom or the best AirPlay 2 receiver in your home theater, the easy-to-use wireless protocol keeps it all in sync, allowing you to roam freely without missing a beat.
We have released new update for Mac version Remote for Yamaha MusicCast and PC version Controller for Yamaha MusicCast this week with bug fix and several new features (the name is not exactly the same because character count constraint ). The PC version also works on XBox ONE.
We have WX-010 , MusicCast 20 (WX-021), RX-S601 in our Lab to develop and test this App.
MusicCast deivce have many features, we have implemented over 60% ~ 80% features they provide based on device feature variant. Hightlight features include:
Musiccast App For Android
- Basic control: Turn On/Off (standby mode), Play/Pause/Mute/Previous/Next, Repeat and Shuffle control
- Volume control, basic volume and Tone/Bass control if your deivce support.
- Preset selection and setup, you can save favorate net radio or local server music to preset to quickly re-select.
- Listen Mode/Sounds Effects control, we found WX-010 don’t support this, WX-021 have Bass Booster mode, AV Receiver RX-S601 have many options.
- Audio Input Selection, Bluetooth/AUX/Airplay/USB/Local Server/Net Radio. The App will list avaiable stations when you select Net Radio, music files when select USB device, and local music server when you select Server as input source.
- We don’t have all the music account to test internet music service, so it’s just implemented with common input souce selection. The basic streaming play/pause/volume control should be the same.
- FM/AM Tuner preset and manual setting ( We don’t have RDS device to test yet. )
- Music info and Album Art show.
- Auto search local device, we have 90% time the App start and Auto found devices, other times just click the Refresh button the App will find missing devices. The App also have manual option to add device IP if your network is really hard for the App to find device.
- Bluetooth transmit (PC version new feature), some MusicCast device support transmit/send audio to other bluetooth speaker, we have implemented the control feature in new PC version.
- Zone control support (we are aware it’s not clear which feature avaiable in specific zone, we are also tryig to figure out)
- Local music direct play support, open music file from Mac or PC directly to play on your speaker/receiver.
We only use our App to use/control MusicCast device in our daily usage, there seems no missing feature in our usage scenario at least.
Musiccast App For Pc Free
Future version planned support these features: Group / MC Link, better Zone control.